25xx QUICK START GUIDE
This Demonstration/Quick Start Guide is designed to provide you with assistance in starting to use your 25xx series instrument. Make sure before you begin using the instrument that you are familiar with the proper safety precautions. Information concerning safety precautions and complete operating instructions can be found in the manual.
To begin, click on one of the sections below:
Front Panel Controls
- RESET BUTTON: This is a momentary contact button. If a failure is detected during the hipot test, the red Failure lamp within the button will light. To reset the system for the next test, press and release this button. This button may also be used to abort a test in progress.
- TEST BUTTON: This is a momentary contact button. Press the green button to energize the high voltage output. When the Dwell function is "0.0", high voltage will remain ON until a reject occurs or the RESET button is pushed. If the Dwell function is "1.0" or "60.0," the high voltage will be present only for the programmed time.
- DISPLAY: The Display is the main readout for the operator and programmer of the test settings and test results. Scalar values are indicated via a digital display.
- POWER SWITCH: Rocker-style switch with international ON ( * ) and OFF (0) markings.
- SET KEY: Use this key to advance forward through the setup menus.
- DOWN ARROW (∨): Use this key to decrement numeric values in the setup mode. This key is also used to toggle between AC/DC modes (2550 only), toggle the DWELL function parameters, and the PULSE function ON/OFF (1305/1340 only). This key is used to toggle between VOLTAGE, CURRENT, and DWELL in Results mode. It also may be used to decrease output voltage during a test in 10 volt increments.
- UP ARROW (∨): Use this key to decrement numeric values in the setup mode. This key is also used to toggle between AC/DC modes (2550 only), toggle the DWELL function parameters, and the PULSE function ON/OFF (1305/1340 only). This key is used to toggle between VOLTAGE, CURRENT, and DWELL in Results mode. It also may be used to increase output voltage during a test in 10 volt increments.
- EXIT KEY: Use this key when you desire to enter the Run Mode to initiate a test. Also the key is used to toggle VOLTAGE, CURRENT, or DWELL screens before a test is initiated or during the test in process (1340/2503/2510/2550 only).
- HIGH VOLTAGE OUTPUT JACK: For the connection of the detachable 6 foot (1.82 m) red high voltage test lead. The jack is recessed for safety when this lead is not being used.
- RETURN OUTPUT JACK: For the connection of the detachable 6 foot (1.82 m) black return test lead. This lead is always used when performing a test.
- HIGH VOLTAGE LED INDICATOR: This indicator flashes to warn the operator that high voltage is present at the high voltage output terminal.
- AC INDICATOR: This indicator is illuminated during testing to indicate the instrument is in the AC mode (2550 only).
- DC INDICATOR: This indicator is illuminated during testing to indicate the instrument is in the DC mode (2550 only).
Rear Panel Controls
- VENTILATION: To cool the instrument.
- INPUT VOLTAGE SWITCH: Line voltage selection is set by the position of the switch. In the down (left for the model 1340) position it is set for 115 volt operation, in the up (right for the model 1340) position it is set for 230 volt operation.
- REMOTE INPUT: 9 pin D subminiature male connector for remote interfacing.
- CHASSIS GROUND (EARTH) TERMINAL: This safety terminal should be connected to a good earth ground before operation.
- INPUT POWER RECEPTACLE: Standard IEC 320 connector for connection to a standard NEMA style line power (mains) cord.
- FUSE RECEPTACLE: To change the fuse unplug the power (mains) cord and turn the fuse cap counter clockwise to remove the fuse.
- OPTIONAL GROUND CONTINUITY SENSING CIRCUIT: Used with the optional Remote Receptacle Box to verify continuity of the ground wire in line cord connected devices.
- CONTINUITY RETURN JACK: For connection of the detachable black return test lead when performing a continuity test.
The 2500 Series (1305, 1340, 2503, 2510 & 2550) comes ready with the following factory default settings on the instrument. These default settings will remain unless overridden with your own test program. Before beginning, please make sure the input voltage selector switch is set correctly on the back panel (115 or 230).
- Input Voltage: 115 or 230 volts AC, country specific
- Voltage Output: 1.50 kVDC (2503/2550 DC mode); 1.24 kVAC (1305/1340/2510/2550 AC mode)
- Current Trip: HI-LMT: 5.00 mA; HI-LMT: 3.00 mA (2503/2550 DC mode)
- Dwell: 1.0 (1 second) (1340/2503/2510/2550); OFF (1305)
- Ramp: 0.0 (0.1 second) (2503/2510/2550); 0.1 (0.1 second) (1340)
- Pulse: OFF (1305/1340)
To change factory defaults simply press the "set" key on the front panel. This will toggle through the following parameters:
Use the up and down arrows to adjust the parameters. Once you press the Exit button, the parameters will automatically be saved.
To connect the 2500 series to a DUT, first connect the black return lead into the front panel receptacle. Then connect the high voltage lead (w/ red clip) or probe, which-ever one you are using for your application into the high voltage receptacle on the front panel.
Next attach the black return clip to exposed or dead metal located on the chassis of the DUT. Always connect the ground return first.
If you are using the high voltage clip, make sure you attached the red clip to the current carrying conductors of the DUTs circuitry. If you are using the test probe, simply apply the probe to the appropriate current carrying conductors.